7 months ago
Free, fun, online tools to use in your classroom! Easy to learn & use.
- Google Forms Create a form for students or parents to enter information electronically and then compile into a spreadsheet. Great for quizzes, tests, registrations, gathering info.
- Kahoot! Game-based learning that's easy and fun. Choose from millions of already created games, create your own, or have students create a Kahoot. A great, fun way to review!
- Quizlet Flashcards, tests, and study games make it fun to learn anything. Choose from already created sets or create your own.
- Screencast-O-matic Fast and easy screen recording. Great for tutorials, showing students how to use a website, or how to complete an online form. Create instructions for your students to view in your absence. (Screencastify is a Google extension that works similarly.)
- Virtual Job Shadow A career exploration and planning platform. Students can complete career assessments, watch videos about their career choice and plan for their career. CTD JTED has a license. Please contact CTD for access to this resource.
- Online Video Converter Download videos from YouTube. Never worry about not having an Internet connection for that important video.
- Remind Send quick, simple message to any device. A great way to send messages to students without giving out your personal phone number.
- Padlet Like an online bulletin board. Great for brainstorming, Tickets Out, 3-2-1, 12-Word Summary.
- Google Chrome Extensions & Addons Found in Chrome Web Store
- Grammarly - Checks Spelling & Grammar
- TabCloud - Save several tabs/websites in a session
- Tab Resize - Easily display multiple open tabs on one screen
- EasyBib - Cite websites with one click
- Google Dictionary
- Google Scholar provides a simple way to search for scholarly literature; good for research.
- Kahn Academy Free tutorials (math, science, SAT test prep, economics, art, computing)
- TED Ed Lesson plans and videos appropriate for education created through collaborations with expert educators, animators and screenwriters.
- Dragontape Combine and trim YouTube videos, create video mixes.
- Canva A simple tool to create web or print designs.
- Meme Creator Make and share funny or unfunny memes.
- Presentation alternatives to PowerPoint
- Flubaroo Grades online assignments & quizzes created in Google Forms in less than a minute. A great time saver for teachers!
- Polleverywhere Create polls to engage your audience in real-time; also use for test review with word cloud free response.
- Wolfram Alpha Calculates answers and shows solution steps to math problems, provides world facts and data.
- Wordle Generate word clouds based on text you and/or your students provide.
- Edmodo A private Facebook for schools. Connect and collaborate with students, parents and each other. Use it for discussions, class or CTSO/student organization notices.
- Quizizz Create and play multiplayer quiz games, both in class and at home.
Career & Technical Education
- Arizona Curriculum Consortium Online Curriculum (wiki) - lesson plans, presentations, curriculum guides for CTE Programs. Username and password to use this site is part of the Instructional Best Practices Training/Premier Program Series. Contact CTD's Program Director for training & access.
- ACTEAZ / Association for Career and Technical Education Arizona - organizes & hosts the Summer Conference, provides professional development, leadership development and advocacy.
- ACTE Leads A centerpoint for CTE needs and the leadership continuum.
- ACTEonline Association for Career and Technical Education National site. Great resource for data, information and resources for CTE & counseling.
- Career and Technical Student Organizations / CTSOs
- Career and Technical Education Department - Arizona Department of Education
Counseling / Career Planning & Exploration
- ACTE on Pinterest Guidance and Counseling Infographics on topics of interest to students
- AZCIS - Arizona Career Information System comprehensive career information for students which supports lifelong career planning and promotes career self-reliance. Includes tools that encourage self-assessment, exploration, research, goal setting, and decision-making.
- CareerTech.org Career clusters, information and planning resources
Curriculum / Other
- Arizona Library - databases, newspapers, resources for learners
- DonorsChoose.org Fundraise for projects in your classroom.
- Dosomething.org A global movement for good.